zaterdag 21 november 2009

Crooked I - Album Gangsta MC ... DAMN!!!


Whoever said Gangsters Can't Rap should reconsider that statement. Crooked I.. woow... straight up fire. The "flow" amazing, "rhymes" amazing, "metaphors" amazing, "wordplay" amazing.

I got introduced to Crooked I's music when I listened to the Slaughterhouse mixtape and the album. I know, I should be ashamed for not knowing about him much earlier... well.. I actually knew about him, but I never took the time to listen.

He goes way back ... he was signed at Death Row Records, Shug Nite's label, the last label 2Pac was on before he got killed. The guy is a living legend from Long Beach California. Straight up west coast hiphop baby!

But after I heard him rhyme on the Slaughterhouse projects, he was my favorite of the group. The dude got heart homes fo real... and he can rhyme so good, it amazed me. Just a great artist!! Period!!

My favourite tracks are the Intro and Boyz On Tha Block feat Kobe. The rest of the album is great also. Maybe I like those firs two tracks the most, because I kept pressing on replay 100 times or something, before I gave the rest of the album a chance.

It's a very strong album, and I would recommend everyone to give it a listen!

Just Amazing!

E.

Track List

1. Intro
2. Boyz On Tha Block (feat. Kobe)
3. Here We Go
4. Pimp Shit
5. Circle Gang Anthem Pt. 2 (feat. Crooked I & Kobe)
6. Cypher 1 (feat. Kid Vicious, Mykestro & Coniyac Da X.O)
7. Interlude
8. Deadbeat West
9. Watch Ya Mouth
10. Freak Wit Me
11. Come In Tha Place
12. Cypher 2 (feat. Crooked I & Royce Da 5'9")
13. Long Beach Meeting (feat. Dynamic Certified & Karelezz)
14. You Don't Wanna Fuck Wit Me (feat. Crooked I)
15. Outro

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten