dinsdag 17 november 2009

Blog 1

First of all, this is my first official blog on blogger.com. So everybody who's reading this, I would like to thank you for your time and interest.

I've been thinking about, why rappers are so broke all the time. I'm an emcee myself and all the money I've maid in 3 years off it, is exactly €200,- lol. Making money by just making music is really hard. Especially in The Netherlands. The market is small and the public hardly supports it's artists. CD's don't sell but concerts are visited, eat that music-industry lol. It's easier to sell your t-shirt as an artist then your album, funny isn't it???

To me it is, come to think of it, a lot of things are are funny to me. It's funny to my that I'm actually writing this, and you are actually reading it. Matter of fact, right now I'm imagining you reading this. Funny or weird? Shit doesn't make sence and I'm going off track ehehe...

....so just being creative isn't really enough is it? Even as an artist you have to be business oriented and independent, as much as possible. Learn the game behind the curtains, because there's much more to earn behind the scenes.

Starting my own business was a way of creating my own opportunities for me and for hip hop in general. It brought me far and I can bet that it will bring me even further. I'm just finding out how to put my passion and knowledge in to work. Sometimes it's depressing really, never easy but always a learning process. I'm at the point where I'm investing my time and energy in the projects, and waiting for it to pay off. There are a lot of things I'm working on right now but I will hold on those for a while.

What I've been trying to say is, that you shouldn't wait for nobody to make things happen for you. Get off your lazy couch and make something happen for your self. Nobody's saying it's going to be easy, matter of fact, it's going to be damn hard, but that's life. What do you want you're life to look like? 35 years old, no education? no job? no money?broke? living at your mama's house? homie start working, artist or no artist, don't matter ... it's all up 2 you. Eventhough at this moment im having problems believing it myself, but I'm a "die hard".

Beautifull Song




Peace!

E.

1 opmerking: